About Gateway Academy
At Gateway Academy, we offer a unique homeschool experience. We combine classroom instruction and homeschooling. This blended model allows parents to choose a program that best meets the needs of their child. The Gateway staff is committed to incorporating a rich diversity of curriculum and enrichment. We help families to connect with other homeschoolers to create a strong support system. Students have the opportunity to participate in class pictures, library visits, group computer activities, field trips, and many opportunities to develop their social skills with their peers.
The Gateway to Success
Gateway offers an avenue to nurture individual learning styles by providing choice and flexible educational opportunities. Our highly trained, professional educators foster academic and social growth through supportive and collaborative relationships with our families and community. Our students are knowledgeable, productive, and resourceful members of society.
- We will honor the whole child and do all things in our power to help students learn.
- We are committed to quality communication and positive relationships to create a safe, trusting, collaborative environment.
- We will commit to approaching challenges with a growth mindset to encourage lifelong learning for all.
- We commit to assuming best intentions in our colleagues, families, and students.
- We are committed to prioritizing our focus on solutions rather than causes.
- We are committed to putting what is best for the student at the center of all our decision making even if it might not be the most comfortable thing for adults.
- We will commit to using a variety of measures to support and drive student progress.
Student Learning Outcomes
Gateway Academy will prepare students who are:
- Speak clearly and listen actively
- Articulate problems and formulate solutions
- Write using acceptable English
- Read critically and extensively for a variety of purposes
Successful Critical and Creative Thinkers
- Receive and evaluate information
- Identify problems and formulate solutions
- Gather and analyze data
- Use a variety of resources and apply the knowledge creatively
- Develop positive interpersonal skills
- Value individuals
- Contribute to the team
- Develop varied interests and talents
- Set and monitor goals
- Apply skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to assist others
- Show respect for self and others
- Take responsibility in education, personal contacts, and as a role model
- Show integrity in words, actions, and decisions